Hi my lovely friends, I have lovely women today on my blog. I would like you to all meet Aileen she is taking over the ‘HAIR WHAT I’VE GOT TO SAY’ segment.
Aileen is the wonderful women behind “THE BALLER ON A BUDGET” its an affordable luxury lifestyle blog based in Southern California.
From money management to frugal fashion, she help people indulge in the most-coveted trends and products without breaking the bank, because everyone deserves champagne taste, even on a beer budget.
All can say is thank you, your blog has helped me a lot.
Introduce yourself, what do you do?
Hi! I’m Aileen Luib. I’m a fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogger at THE BALLER ON A BUDGET. I write about current trends in the millennial lifestyle and how to get these things at a fraction of the price, from style and beauty to things like hotel accommodations and luxury cars.
What’s your favourite thing about your work?
Sharing bargains and discounts is only the superficial part of my blog. I feel that sharing my budget lifestyle and offering transparency into my life gives me a deep connection with people all over the Internet, because the mass majority has the same financial hurdles and limitations I do. Whenever I get messages from people saying they really appreciated a deal or discount item, it makes me smile so much. It’s more than just saving a few dollars, it’s more about the fact that I helped a person save their hard-earned money while enjoying it too. That is true financial freedom that I feel people need to experience, and I love sharing that feeling.
Are you natural or relaxed (is that your natural hair colour and texture)
Natural! I bleached and dyed my hair a few years ago but I’m trying to grow it out so it’s all virgin.
What are your go to products?
Etude House’s Silk Scarf Hair Treatment is a godsend! I use this once every week in place of my conditioner, and my hair is so smooth and hydrated afterward. It’s also less than $10!
Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo is a staple – I haven’t found a better dry shampoo than this. I can literally go days without washing my hair, and it doesn’t make your hair greasy or powdery. It’s also about $3-4 at Target or Walmart!
What is your all time favourite hairstyle?
Probably clipping my hair up at the top of my head, haha! Other than curling my hair, I can’t for the life of me style it any other way.
What are your 3 top hair care tips?
– Once every 2 weeks I rinse my hair and scalp with a solution of apple cider vinegar and water. It sounds disgusting, and yes, it smells awful, but this helps with my dry scalp and split ends. ACV helps to strip down product and oil buildup off your strands and scalp and bring your pH down to its natural level, so my hair is noticeably healthier after a rinse. I follow-up with aloe vera as a deep conditioner, because it helps wash out the odor and has the same pH as ACV.
– Don’t wash your hair with shampoo everyday. By doing this, you’re training your scalp to secrete more oil to compensate for constant dryness.
– Use a scalp brush when shampooing! Scalpmaster’s $3.50 Shampoo Brush helps me with my dry, itchy and sometimes oily scalp so much. My scalp is so sensitive to heat, but gently scrubbing my scalp with this while shampooing has pretty much killed off all the itchiness and oiliness I used to have.
Do you have a hair routine?
Yes! I actually follow this multi-step Korean hair care regimen that has been giving me great results over the past few months. A lot of it revolves around scalp treatment and balancing the pH levels of the hair and scalp. I actually just wrote a blog about it here! please see link -http://www.theballeronabudget.com/korean-hair-care-guide/
Describe yourself in five words?
Passionate, frugal, humorous, busy-bee, dreamer
What helps give you inspiration/motivation?
I work pretty hard and nonstop in hopes of a better future. I’ve gone through quite a bit of emotional and financial hurdles both within my family and personally, so I’d like to be able to secure a more stable home for myself and my family, when I’m ready to make my own.
What are the top three things on your bucket list?
– Have a vacation in my family’s home country, the Philippines (you can get tons of luxury treatment like hotels and spas for very cheap!)
– Learn Krav Maga and Jeet Kune Do. Also, maybe parkour if I’m feeling ambitious.
– Invest in the foreign exchange market
What made you laugh this week?
Probably this video on Facebook of a poor girl trying to rip a charcoal mask off her face. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=692645937574759&id=363765800431935
Please give me a link to your blog and any other contacts