Hi my lovely friends I would like you to meet Joso she is taking over the ‘HAIR WHAT I’VE GOT TO SAY’ segment.
Introduce yourself, what do you do?
Hello! My name is Joso Anani. Other than my daytime job, I enjoy vlogging to share what works for me when it comes to different products, hair tips, foods, and living a healthy lifestyle. I really started out with wanting to share my hair growth journey, but then I fell in love with sharing all of my experiences so I branched out to share anything lifestyle that I thought was interesting and others might want to know
What’s your favourite thing about your work?
I love getting that “Ahah” moment when I find something really good and useful in my life. If I can help someone else with any of my discoveries, I consider that a success. I truly enjoy the comments and all of the great responses that I get when people tell me that they tried something I recommended and it worked out for them as well. That is the true satisfaction from what I do.
Are you natural or relaxed (is that your natural hair colour and texture)
My hair is natural both in colour and texture. My hair is kinky curly (4a,b, and c.) I died my hair in my first year of being natural and ended up having to chop my hair again since the maintenance was a little much for me. Now if I get the itch for variety, I just resort to wigs, braids, twits, and several other protective styles.
What are your go to products?
I really like products that are easily accessible since I am quite heavy handed with the amount of product I use. The few below will always stay in my regimen. Everything else I rotate in and out.
Shampoo & Conditioner- Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner by Trader Joe’s. My hair always feels soft and clean, and the conditioner provides the perfect amount of slip for detangling in the shower.
Moisturizer – Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Deep Moisture Milk Soufflé is amazing if you want pure moisture. I use this if I am going to be protective styling because I know my strands will have locked in moisture. (Not the best product styling.)
Styling- I really love Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter and Eco Styler Gel (Either the Olive Oil version for Wash and Gos or the Pink Styling Gel for Braid outs/Twist outs)
What is your all time favourite hairstyle?
Honestly, I protective style most of the time with a wig, because I work long hours at my day job and honestly don’t have much time to style my hair daily. I also work out every day so I have to co-wash frequently. If I were to style my hair, it is usually in a curly puff. One day I will achieve a puff that is larger than my head!
What are your 3 top hair care tips?
- Stay consistent with your hair care regimen. There are so many different methods out there when it comes to natural hair care. As long as your strands are getting the moisture they need on a consistent basis, you will see results.
- Stay away from heat. Nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while but constant heat will break down your hair! You don’t want your hard work to go down the drain.
- Put that bonnet/scarf on while you sleep! This is literally the MAIN reason for most of my setbacks and I am calling myself out! The cotton pillow cases suck up the moisture from your hair and depending on how you sleep, you will start to experience breakage in those areas with frequent friction. Take it from me!
Do you have a hair routine?
- Pre-poo with a Deep Conditioner or Oil Mixture
- Condition and finger detangle in the shower
- Seal wet hair with sweet almond oil
- Hair butter
Wednesdays (Or any day after a Sweaty workout)-
- Co-Wash and finger detangle in the shower
- Seal with Sweet almond oil
- Hair Butter
Describe yourself in five words?
Positive, Inquisitive, Extroverted, Innovative, Quirky
What helps give you inspiration/motivation?
Truly my faith in Jesus Christ motivates and inspires me through all my walks of life. I have been through so many situations in life, both good and bad. Through it all He has always been faithful, merciful, and the anchor that I can depend on. I would not be who I am today without is sustenance.
What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- I would like to travel with my husband through Europe, South America, and South Africa, sight seeing and admiring what an awesome world God created.
- Write a book about my life
- Get a tiny tattoo (I’m a scared-y cat)
What made you laugh this week?
I listen to a podcast called The Read, which makes me laugh every week! Other than that, I like to watch the Mindy Project, laugh at memes on Instagram and Facebook and recently I just started watching Lethal Weapon (the remake.) Believe it or not I was laughing out loud!
Please see link to her blog and any other contacts
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHc7QoUYXqpZAh41PSDF-Gg Blog:
Instagram & Snapchat: ananijosie